Re: wheezy irqbalance

On 5/9/2013 6:05 AM, Guy Marcenac wrote:

> I have just upgraded to wheezy.
> In my daemon .log, I noticed these warnings
> May  9 10:00:15 kim2 /usr/sbin/irqbalance: WARNING: MSI interrupts found
> in /proc/interrupts
> May  9 10:00:15 kim2 /usr/sbin/irqbalance: But none found in sysfs, you
> need to update your kernel
> May  9 10:00:15 kim2 /usr/sbin/irqbalance: Until then, IRQs will be
> improperly classified

See:
https://code.google.com/p/irqbalance/source/detail?r=1523a7830cb2670cb531a5fdea86885eaa648eaf&path=/procinterrupts.c

The rescan patch is not included in Wheezy irqbalance 1.0.3-3.  What is
happening is that your device MSIs aren't being registered before
irqbalance does its initial scan, so it doesn't find them in sysfs.

This rescan patch was designed to allow for recreating the IRQ map after
a hotplug event, such as a CPU or PCI/-X/e card.  It also fixes the boot
time IRQ enumeration/irqbalance startup order problem as the 2nd scan
finds the entries in sysfs.

--
Stan