Re: wheezy install missing contrib and non-free

Thanks for the replies.

I may not actually need any additional packages from contrib or non-free.  But I hope I am not missing anything like proprietary hardware drivers, or add-ins required to play proprietary media formats, for example.

I did try to install in expert text mode first, but when it asked which kernel should be installed, I decided to let the install program decide that, so I re-did the install using the default text install mode.

And as for the freeness of Debian: that's why I am using it.  I strongly support Debian, EFF, RMS, etc.