Re: wheezy install missing contrib and non-free

On Mon 06 May 2013 at 12:21:24 -0500, Default User wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I did a fresh install of Debian 7.0.0 (Wheezy), using the
> debian-7.0.0-amd64-i386-netinst.iso.
>
> In the past , during the install process, it would ask if the user wanted
> to include the contrib and non-free repositiories.  Not this time.  The
> install went okay, but only included packages from the main repository.

You omitted to mention the crucial point that you pressed 'Install' at
d-i's boot screen. If only you had chosen 'Expert'.

Debian assumes you are installing this OS because of its Freeness. Why
should it bother telling you about non-free software (which is not part
of the distribution) when you have chosen not to ask it.