Re: wheezy install missing contrib and non-free

On Mon 06 May 2013 at 19:17:18 -0500, Default User wrote:

> I may not actually need any additional packages from contrib or non-free.
> But I hope I am not missing anything like proprietary hardware drivers, or

You will be prompted for non-free firmware needed by kernel modules
loaded during the installation and you may provide them if you choose
to. This does not cover non-free firmware needed by other kernel modules
loaded after the installation. Please read the sections in the Guide
concerned with firmware for a way of discovering whether you are missing
anything which is in non-free.

If non-free firmware is provided during during the installation you will
have a non-free archive written into sources.list.

> add-ins required to play proprietary media formats, for example.

All these will not be on the system.

> I did try to install in expert text mode first, but when it asked which
> kernel should be installed, I decided to let the install program decide
> that, so I re-did the install using the default text install mode.

With 'Install' d-i will choose the default option presented in exert
mode. :)