Re: Thanks to All (Was: MUA & Yahoo)

On 04/29/2013 10:10 AM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 23:41:50 -0400
Frank McCormick <debianlist@videotron.ca> wrote:

On 04/28/2013 09:41 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:

[snip]
I just wish it could open in Sylpheed's reader window itself,
instead of me having to switch to a different workspace where
google-chrome is running all the time.  Would Thunderbird or
similar do that?  I've never used it, so I don't know.

    That's one of the main reasons I switched from Sylpheed to
Thunderbird. It's handling of html is built-in. A second reason was I
found Sylpheed's IMAP-handling a little flakey. YMMV.

Flakey in what way?  So far, I haven't noted anything unusual with
Sylpheed.

As I recall (it's been a year or two since I switched) Sylpheed was timing out on one or two IMAP connections...waiting for the 60 sec timeout, then rebuilding the IMAP connection, at which point everything would be fine...until the next time when it would timeout again..etc etc. I spent a lot of time configuring and reconfiguring, Googline the problem etc. Thundebird never seems to have the problem.

As far as plugins, CLAWS is the definite winner. Sylpheed has very few (if any).

--
Cheers
Frank