Re: Why does my ssh session terminate immediately?

On 2013-04-28 21:43:19 +0200, Andreas Leha wrote:
> I have no file '/var/log/messages'....

Is there anything interesting in other log files?

> PS: I'd still be grateful for more pointers....

Try a newer kernel (say, 3.9)?

Try screen on the remote side:

  ssh -t root@192.168.2.109 screen

The connection will probably be closed as usual, but it could be
interesting to see whether screen can still run in the background
("screen" or "SCREEN" appearing in the "ps -e" or "ps -ef" output)
or it will also have trouble with pseudo-ttys.

You can also try to debug to see where the problem comes from exactly.