Re: terminal emulator compatible with Ecma-48

berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
> I know that most terminal emulators support most VT100 escape
> sequences, which are based on ecma-48

I'd extend that to suggest that most terminal emulators support the
majority of VT220 sequences, not just the VT100 subset.

> but as far as I know, they are
> not able to support the full standard. By example, they only support 7
> bit sequences, and so CSI is 0x1B5B only, were ecma-48 says it can be
> 0x9B too.

I don't know about this, although a quick test does appear to suggest
that lxterm does not support \x9b as an alternative to \x1b\5b.

> It also seems that blinking is not supported.

lxterm supports blink. PuTTY (on [at least] Windows) also supports blink -
just not by default.

    tput blink; echo hello; tput sgr0
    hello		<- this flashes in lxterm

> So, I would like to know if someone knows about a terminal emulator
> supporting all the standard or, at least, which explicitly says which
> part of it it supports.

The PuTTY FAQ seems to claim that it's either implemented everything
or else documented what it hasn't implemented. This might be a good
starting point.

Chris