Re: Introductory reading on firewall/iptables/etc for new Debian user?

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 00:20:02 +0200
Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> When I had shorewall running the console was flooded with messages about
> access attempts.

I like shorewall, lots of separate configurable files, or if you're lazy just run
it configured by way of example files that come with it.  Shorewall won't stealth
your machine but announces that port 0 and 1 are closed..I think that's rather
stylish. Your machine is telling the Internet it's there, but you're not getting in.

--
CK