Re: what's your Debian uptime?

On 2013-04-18 10:56:53 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> I don't think uptime challenges are useful.  It makes people want to
> do something that they shouldn't want to do.  When kernel security
> upgrades come along just install them and reboot.

That's theory. In practice, old machines get no longer supported...
I submitted a bug report (and a patch), but AFAIK the bug has never
been fixed. I upgraded everything except the kernel, without being
sure I could boot it again (udev incompatibilities...). That's why
the machine was no longer rebooted.