Re: what's your Debian uptime?

On 4/19/2013 1:56 AM, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:31:35PM -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> This isn't a manhood measurement contest.
>
> Let's avoid alienating some debian-user readers with such language.

Instead let's get you straightened out.

You obviously misread my statement, apparently because your mind is in
the gutter.  It had nothing to do with male sexual organ size, as you
have obviously and incorrectly assumed.  If your beef was instead
strictly with my use of simply a non-gender neutral analogy then you'd
have kept your mouth shut, as such analogies are everywhere, every day.
 Thus your position, and your error, are clear.

In the US Midwest one "measurement of manhood" is the number of points
on the largest whitetail buck one has killed, another is the size of the
lift kit and tires on one's pickup.  In Hawaii (and maybe Southern
California) the largest wave one has surfed.  In Alaska, distance
traveled solo by dog sled.  Etc, etc.  Every sector of every society has
a "measurement of manhood".  I used a perfectly acceptable analogy *in
common use* everywhere.

Normally I'd let this slide.  But, Jonathan, you've twice recently put
on the moderator hat and jumped on something innocuous in my posts, and
both times you were off base and flat out wrong.  It's a bit irritating
to be "corrected" more than once by someone who doesn't know up from
down and is simply wound up way too tight in the political correctness
straight jacket.

So please, the next time you have the urge to "correct" someone, put a
little more thought into your analysis of the apparent "infraction" so
you don't end up looking like a [f|t]ool.  Use objectivity, not
subjectivity.  You're trying to play PC Policeman using your own
personal view of what today's disallowed word/phrase list is/not, and
that will not work.  To enforce PC policy Debian must publish and
continually update an official list of all disallowed words an phrases
of/in all languages supported by Debian mailing lists.  You are an
educated man, so you know that such lists are what *define* political
correctness.  So if you're going to do this, it must be all or nothing,
managed with an iron fist equally against all users, and it must be
official Debian policy, not simply Jonathon's policy.

--
Stan