Re: connect directly to another computer bypassing firewalls using a third server

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:27 PM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
alberto fuentes wrote:
> Subject: connect directly to another computer bypassing firewalls
> using a third server
> Its a long shot because i can really picture how could it work
>
> I know I can connect using the third server, but I just want to use the
> server to establish the connection

The crystal ball isn't working well today.  Please say more about what
you are asking to do.

Are you asking for something like this?

  Host lilypadmachine.example.com
    ProxyCommand none

  Host *.example.com
    ProxyCommand ssh -W %h:%p lilypadmachine.example.com

That way all the packages would be forwarded via the server.

The server is overseas. Im trying to connect to a computer in my city. Packages have to travel and comeback. I was hoping some kind of magic that would allow me to use the server overseas *just* to establish the connection between the two computers :)