Re: administration of initscripts

Roger Leigh wrote:
> Getting rid of all the /etc/default disable options will be a release
> goal for jessie.

Good. I'd prefer to be rid of /etc/default entirely!

For example, I just learned about /etc/default/keyboard.

Why not /etc/keyboard or /etc/keyboard.default? Having a central
location for software configuration used to be a feature.

At the very least, whenever there is /etc/default/something,
/etc/something should have a comment

# see /etc/default/something for additional configuration options

--
Joel Roth