Re: Starting Google Chrome

On 04/16/2013 01:09 AM, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
> Dear list -
>
> Installed Google Chrome.  Can start from the applications dropdown list.
>
> 1] No desktop icon
> 2] Wish to be able to start from command line so that I can start it
> with a specific file.
>
> A search on Google gives the start command as google-chrome.  I can't
> make it work.
>
> rosenberg:/home/ethan# google-chrome %U
> bash: google-chrome: command not found
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Ethan

When you have chrome or chromium installed, you might find out the
binary name with

$ ls /usr/bin /usr/local/bin | grep -F chrom

(do not use "chrome" to also find chromium, on my system the command
results in only one line: "chromium-browser").

This should work regardless of how you installed, except for when you
have "installed" it by extracting the files to some uncommon location.

HTH

--
http://masysma.ohost.de/