Re: administration of initscripts

Hello Siard,

Excerpt from Siard:

> Thilo Six wrote:
>> gentoo has a rather nice API for an administrator to handle
>> initscripts s.th. i always missed in debian.
>
> Isn't sysv-rc-conf what you are looking for?

Thank you for your help. I am aware of the existents of 3rd party managing tools
of this kind and always wondered how well they are actually integrated.
As has been mentioned in this thread some of them even break.
Apart from that i dislike the idea to install yet an other package everywhere
for functionality that should be and is already on-board.

--
Regards,
Thilo

4096R/0xC70B1A8F
721B 1BA0 095C 1ABA 3FC6  7C18 89A4 A2A0 C70B 1A8F