Re: very slow copy on mount of WindowsXP shares - was Re: copy onto cifs-utils samba mount maxes out at 100KiB/s on 100Mib/s eth link

On 4/15/13, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
> Again, here's my command (all one line):
> $ sudo mount -t cifs -o
> file_mode=0666,dir_mode=0777,setuids,credentials=mycreds
> //server.ip.address/git /x
>
> When I copy files from the /x/ mount to the /x/ mount, or within (both
> from and to) the /x/ mount, it is extremely slow, in the order of
> 100KiB/s

Interestingly, my problem of slowdown only seems to happen when
copying _to_ the mount (either from local storage, or from the mount
itself), but copying _from_ the mount _to_ local storage is normal
(fast).

Baffling,
Zenaan