Re: netinstall size?

On 04/13/2013 01:48 PM, Wayne Topa wrote:
On 04/13/2013 04:28 PM, agroconsultor0 wrote:
On 04/13/2013 09:19 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
Tony van der Hoff wrote:
On 13/04/13 11:35, agroconsultor wrote:
On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 10:41:03AM +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
On 12/04/13 21:25, agroconsultor0 wrote:

Hello

I have seen at http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ that
the Wheezy net installer is no more than 175 MB and the cards no
more than 50 MB; is this information correct? or there have been
changes that are not reflected here?.
thanks.

The *net* installer contains only sufficient software to get a minimal system running, which then completes a full installation over the net.

The full install will contain all necessary updates.

yes, but i am looking for a small image, under 210 MB

That's not what you asked!
Ask the right question, and you'll get the right answer.

As a *nix neophyte myself I'll guess he doesn't realize that "...
looking for a small image, under 210 MB..." can be read multiple ways:
A. the downloaded image is less than 210 MB.
B. the image as installed to a local drive is less than 210 MB.
C. a functional system occupies less than 210 MB on a local drive.
D. the RAM required to load/run a installation is less than 210 MB.

I would also suggest he give the motivation for asking the question -
it would help flag unstated/unrecognized assumptions
Very smart Debian users in this list:
Are you Schizophrenic?
you are not reading, you are imagining; but please continue dreaming!
just stay in your territory please.

OK.  If we can't understand what you want and it offends you so much, I
will not answer your future Requests for help.

Have a nice day

Of course that you have had that right since the beginning in this list; but consider that this is a measure to oppress the people who are not doing what you want. Same thing when one make to the others feel stupid.

I am just responding in the way that the answers come, is it a crime?