differences between installs affecting hardware

hello,

I have a black magic intensity pro capture card and it works perfectly.... but
if I install gnome3 as my default desktop 1st via the network install
cdrom then install kde, Xfce, etc. It doesn't allow me to power down
or eject a cdrom or any other "user actions" untill I rmmod
blackmacgic (the capture card module) and restart X

But if I install Xfce 1st using the same netboot cdrom and then
install the gnome task it works perfectly

What differences would installing Xfce 1st make that installing gnome
over the top make? (Just so I can report a bug to them)

Dick Thomas

About.me http://about.me/dick.thomas
Blog: www.xpd259.co.uk
G+:   www.google.com/profiles/xpd259