Re: Using unstable for certain packages

> Then again, if you build from source, you'll lose the automatic upgrade
> feature provided by apt/aptitude.
>
> Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Thanks.

And if you take a package from unstable than you install the
dependencies from unstable as well. And having automatic updates from
unstable is definitely not a good idea - for example some packages can
even conflict with currently installed ones..

If one have decided to take a package from unstable than he probably
needs some special features of the software and can track the new
upstream releases.

I do not mean building from source using configure & make, but creating
a debian package using source debian package from unstable with tools
like dpkg-buildpackage or uupdate.

Regards,
Alex