Re: iperf / ftp / http TCP poor performance in one direction (UDP good)

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 1:16 AM, Guido Martínez <mtzguido@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you check if A acknowledges every received segment?
Sorry, what I meant by this is if every sent segment from B reaches A.
You can run an instance of wireshark on each host to check this.
Basically you need to check for packet loss at high speeds (ping could
be of use if you set the interval to 0).

TCP Dup ACKs are likely caused by packet loss.
TCP segment of a reassembled PDU is something Wireshark adds since it
interprets a bit about application layer protocols, and I think it's
not a reason to worry (I could have understood this wrong, I just
looked it up).

If it's easy, you could also try swapping the location of the hosts,
to see if the problem is on the hosts, or on the link.

Hope it helps and post more info if you find any.
Guido