Re: Pioneer BDR-*206* Internal Blu-Ray Disc DVD/CD writer and Debian

Hi,

> According to this[1] bug (found by searching the internet for "Merging data
> is impossible with this disc"), brasero doesn't support BluRay discs.
> [1]https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bug/637379

Well, that bug seems somewhat outdated.
But of course, Debian packages are outdated too.
Maybe this bug is even too young for Brasero 2.30 as is
packaged in Debian 6.

Current Brasero source from git seems to have clue of BD media.

Other than xfburn, where BD media might work nevertheless,
because i cannot spot code for their rejection and because
libburn supports them in version 0.8.0 of Debian 6.

So there remains xorriso command line. Like

  xorriso -outdev /dev/sr0 -map ./my_disk_file /my_iso_file

which puts the file ./my_disk_file as /my_iso_file into a
ISO 9660 + Rock Ridge filesystem on the blank medium in /dev/sr0.
The BD-R medium will stay appendable, i.e. more files can be
added in further sessions until the medium is full.
For adding another session:

  xorriso -dev /dev/sr0 -map ./some_disk_directory /some_iso_directory

Good for about 300 sessions on the same BD-R. More than
one -map command can be used in one run to add multiple files
or directories. (Actually there are lots of commands available.)

This should work even with the frightening old xorriso-0.5.6 as
packaged for Debian 6.

After unfreezing of Debian, i hope for xorriso-tcltk to appear in
"testing". It is half way between GUI and command line :))
  http://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/xorriso-tcltk-screen.gif

Have a nice day :)

Thomas