Re: [SOLVED]Re: Squeeze X86 with 4GByte RAM?

> Today I successfully reinstalled my NVIDIA driver and repaired kernels -
> and after restart computer it could boot the x86 kernel with Bigmem option.

I should have said this earlier too sorry but you will know for next
time.

When you had your flashing cursor on a blank screen then, there was
likely no need to reboot to a recovery shell.

You could just use Ctrl, Alt, F1 to switch to the console

Install nvidia, if not from repos then perhaps with Nvidia*.run update

And start your display manager with /etc/init.d/?dm restart

I would warn that doing it like that is convenient but runs the download
as root which isn't a brilliant idea but apt does that anyway ;-(,
though it is signed as a valid nvidia package with apt atleast.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)