Re: restarting perl?

Dear Bonno,

Bonno Bloksma wrote:
> perl-base:
>         2098    /usr/bin/perl

Try

# ps 2098

to see the command line arguments and identify the process.

> So it seems perl may be using the old lib file(s) still. This started after the previous update I did about a week ago. I had hoped it would resolve itself as munin starts perl several times a day I thought something would trigger it.

*Some* process using perl is still using the old libraries. It is a
somewhat irky bug in checkrestart to only show the binary and not
also its command line arguments. For example, I have the following
process running at the moment:

18023 ?        Sl     7:22 /usr/bin/python2.7 /usr/bin/calibre

i.e. calibre, which is programmed in Python and hence run by the
Python executable. checkrestart would only show
"18023 /usr/bin/python2.7", leaving me to guess whether that is
calibre or some other Python-interpreted process. It is key to
understand that there can be multiple Perl/Python processes running
at the same time, using different versions of the installed libraries
depending on when they were started.

Best,

Claudius

PS: Please consider breaking your lines at 72 characters, unless
they’re copy-pasted verbatim from command-line output.
--
Please don’t CC me.