possible in lynx file download?

On Macs (an apple macintosh G4, running debian squeeze) I use lynx to download cd-images from cdimage.debian.org. I have no problem getting CD ".iso" images. (Except that it seems to prefer IPv6, which is significantly slower for me than IPv4. Is there a config option to change that behavior?)

But when I try downloading the MD5SUMS file from the same directory, I get a few lines of HTML pre-pended to the downloaded file.

Has anybody else seen this behavior? Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug in Lynx?

Rick