Re: Package maintenance on Debian

On 29/03/13 23:31, sirquijote@lavabit.com wrote:
despite the implication of the names, you may find either to be
(mostly) stable and useful, especially if old software is your only
trouble with Debian squeeze.

Yeah, if it weren't for the older packages, I'd be content.

How do I migrate to testing or unstable: does it require a re-install or
do I just add those lists to apt-get?

nvm, the Debian wiki actually covers this pretty well.

Thanks for the help. :)

Make sure you follow the install/upgrade notes carefully when upgrading from Squeeze to Wheezy/Testing. There are some steps that have to be done in the right order (upgrading udev and kernel, for a start), or you will end up with an unusable system.

It is certainly worth moving to Wheezy, as it will replace Squeeze as Stable in the very near future.

--
Dom