Re: NEEDED: not quite current buisnesscard and netinst iso images

Rick Thomas wrote:

Hi Richard,

Did you ever get this working for you?

Did you notice the "--scan" option to jigdo-lite?  It might
allow you to use your DVD iso's to avoid downloading a lot
of stuff you already have.  I seem to remember that internet
bandwidth was a problem for you.

Note: I believe that the powers-that-be have decided that
supporting the "businesscard" images is not going to be done
in the future.  The suggestion is to use "netinst" instead.
It's not much bigger than "businesscard" and it allows a
fairly complete "minimal" installation without requiring
network access, which "businesscard" did not.

For outside reasons that project has been pushed into the background.
I'm also rethinking my goals.
I've been sort of following various threads about Wheezy and suspect some of my original motivations will evaporate with the release version. I'll wait for full release and availability of DVD sets. Suspect better understanding of preseeding will be what I should have spent my time on. We'll see. Thanks.