supertuxkart from repo

Hi all
Grabbed supertuxkart to check out my new NVidia card. Supertuxkart
worked great. Did latest round up updates and now launching from gnome
flashes a blank screen and ends. From the commandline, the results are -

u@home:~$ supertuxkart
Irrlicht Engine version 1.7.3
Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.35-2 x86_64
[FileManager] Data files will be fetched from:
'/usr/share/games/supertuxkart'
[FileManager] Addons files will be stored in
'/home/u/.local/share/supertuxkart/addons'.
[translate] Env var LANGUAGE = 'en_US.utf8'
[translate] Env var LANGUAGE = 'en_US.utf8', which corresponds to
'English (United States)'
Adding language fallback en
[IrrDriver] Trying OpenGL rendering.
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  137 (NV-GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  4 ()
  Resource id in failed request:  0x3400003
  Serial number of failed request:  41

Anyone else encountering this? I've been looking for possible solutions,
but haven't found anything that resolves this.

--
Regards

Jack
Boston Tea Party, Coercive Acts, Powder Alarm, Revolution
Lessons not learned are bound to be repeated.