Re: Running Nvidia Driver Without an xorg.conf?

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 21:28:35 -0700 (PDT)
Patrick Bartek <bartek047@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Patrick,

> But was wondering:  Is it possible for the nvidia driver to work
>without using an xorg.conf?  Nouveau does.

AIUI, if you want to run the nVidia driver, you must use an xorg.conf
file, otherwise nouveau, nv or something really basic gets used.  All
you need is the following to use the nvidia driver;

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
EndSection

--
 Regards  _
Now I found you out, I don't think you're so smart