Re: Bluetooth stop working after update

On Fri 22 Mar 2013 at 21:53:40 -0400, Gean Ceretta wrote:

> Hello friends, I have an Sony Vaio VPCEG-15FB with Debian Wheezy, my
> bluetooth was working well until the last week updates, when a message
> in the boot says something like 'error on load bluetooth firmware'.
> One of the things I have done that maybe start this problem was an
> instalation of powertop and some energy save 'tunnables' in the
> respective tab of powertop, but I tried modify this options and don't
> succeed to have my bluetooth back
>
> My bluetooth started to work about a month ago, after an update too,
> but in the past, the error message of load firmware does not appear.
>
> Anyone can help me to solve this problem or give-me tips about it?

'something like'? Is this the best you can do? You can only ever boot
once in a lifetime so you only get one opportunity to see the message?
Was the message about winning 1000.000 Euro if you used Debian? Or did
it say something specific which you have thought necessary not to
mention?

   dmesg | grep - i firmware

in a terminal might help.