Re: Console showing control characters for input on console keyboard

francis picabia wrote:
> reset won't work as I cannot login to the tty.
>
> If there is a way to direct the reset to another tty
> or tset has a way to do that it could help because only
> ssh logins are working.

You said you can log in with ssh.  Log in with ssh and then redirect
the output to the console as root.

  reset >/dev/console

Although I can't remember if tset or reset operate on stdin like stty
does.  You might need to redirect stdin instead.

  reset >/dev/console </dev/console

Also there is stty.  I sometimes have used it to reset terminals.  Use
the -g option to dump the full terminal settings in an encoded way and
then load them back in to the terminal.  Note that stty uses stdin by
default but can be specified explicitly with the -F option.

  stty -F /dev/console $(stty -g)

But perhaps more easily understood by walking through this sequence:
  stty -g
  stty -g > /tmp/stty-g.good.out
  stty $(cat /tmp/stty-g.good.out) < /dev/console

Bob