Re: grey screen in googleearth

On 03/11/2013 04:22 AM, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 10:29 PM, sp113438 <sp113438@telfort.nl> wrote:
Hello,

I ran 'make-googleearth-package' and installed google-earth.
Result: grey screen in the Google-earth window instead of the globe, map.

My system:
Squeeze
amd64
nvidia-driver 'NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-310.32.run'
kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64

Google Earth about shows:

Google Earth
6.0.3.2197
Build Date
5/13/2011
Build Time
5:16:07 pm
Renderer
OpenGL
Operating System
Linux (2.6.32.0)
Video Driver
NVIDIA Corporation
Max Texture Size
8192x8192
Server
kh.google.com

Any ideas?

If I recall correctly (from when I had an nvidia laptop) you might try
installing the nvidia-glx-ia32 package.

Hi
I met the same problem : black screen in the Google-earth window instead of the globe map We can't run nvidia-driver 'NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-310.32.run driver with nvidia-glx-ia32 package and we must not try to do it.
Then:
When building nvidia driver, I said YES to the question 'install nvidia's 32-bit compatibility Opengl libraries'. 1) You have to dowlnoad last googleearth version (7) available on google site
2) dpkg --add-architecture i386
3) install ia32-libs ia32-libs-gtk
4) install googleearth
It works for me (Wheezy)
Greetings

--
Maderios
"Art is meant to disturb. Science reassures."