Re: A question about how to ask a question

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 01:21:23PM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Freedom does not mean free of effort.

I like it! :)

Although in this case the OP is not sure what to look for and seems to
have made quite a bit of effort IMHO.

Not knowing Ubuntu myself, and not using HDMI either I can't offer any
help. Although, if it works on Ubuntu but not Debian then I'd safely
assume the hardware is Ok, but I'd still compare drivers.

Google about sound not working, (this list is a good start) and see what
files they suggest to check. Then start comparing.

The OP is in an excellent position of having a working setup to compare
with. Although, do be aware that Ubuntu is not Debian.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X