Suggestions: Basic 15-band Audio Equilize

Looking for a basic 15-band audio equalizer for Wheezy 64-bit that works with Pulseaudio.  No need to suggest Jack, et al.  I'm not doing any pro stuff.  Not even recording.  Just want to improve the sound from an inexpensive pair of Logitech speakers sitting on my desk.  On my old system--Fedora 12 64-bit--I used Pulseaudio Equalizer. It was in the Fedora repository, but is not in any of the Wheezy ones.  However, its code is available from the author, but I'm trying to avoid the bother of compiling.

The equalizer doesn't have to be fancy, but must use decibels to set each band. (Will manually transfer the PA Equilizer settings which are in decibels.)  Can even be terminal based.  I intend to make it part of the startup--set it up and forget it.  In three years, I've never changed the settings on PA Equalizer on Fedora.  The preset "Live" works just fine for my ear.

I've done some investigating, but haven't come up with anything suitable.  Anyone got a recommendation?

My Wheezy system is minimal, OS-wise.  No more than is necessary.  Started with the basic net install, adding stuff as I needed.  Just Openbox for the window manager, one lxpanel, and a few apps, so far.