Re: Installation failed

On Fri, Mar 01, 2013 at 09:09:51PM -0500, Mark Filipak wrote:

> Miles, I'm running the Debian installer from a Debian Live USB. I don't try to install GRUB. The Debian installer does it. I don't provide command-line switches. The Debian installer provides whatever command-line switches it deems appropriate in its call. How are the partitions mounted at the time? I'd have to ask the person who wrote the installer. I have no way of knowing the answer to these questions. The installer takes over the whole screen, so even if I knew how to make the queries you suggest, I couldn't do it. You think I'm simply being an ass. The problem is, you have not done what I need to do, so you can't provide help. So stop trying to provide help and stop blaming me.

I'd like to point out, for the benefit of those on this list and those
who might read this thread in the future, that Mark is attempting to
install Debian from a Debian Live USB.  That is a detail that escaped me
until now.

Note that he is not using the standard Debian ISO which can be burned to
a CD or (I believe) cat'd to a USB stick.  He is using Debian Live, which
has the ability to run the Debian installer -- although that adds a layer
of complexity that most of us on this list are probably not experienced
with.

-Rob