emacs elpa install failed

It turns out I wasn't in the scratch buffer when I tried the eval.  I
thought I was in that buffer after trying to enter it in the wrong way but
that wasn't the case.  Also I found el-get package and since that supports
more than elpa, I installed that package and made evaluate run on it
successfully.  I should have had coffee before trying to do something new
with emacs.

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
Remember Microsoft didn't write Tiger 10.4 or any of its successors.