Re: Moving from a proprietary OS - unnecessarily inful experience -- was [Re: I wish to advocate linux]

Lars Noodén wrote:
On 03/02/2013 11:27 AM, Tom Furie wrote:
On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 07:38:41PM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:

These days it is !=  :) (I think <> was "not equal to", was it?)
Technically, it's "less than or greater than", but I suppose it
amounts to the same thing :)

Cheers, Tom

In pascal, <> means not equal to. I think some of the other languages
from that era do the same.  For what it's worth, Free Pascal 2.6.2 was
recently released:

And then you get to the more interesting variants that involve type comparisons
e.g., /= and =/=  from erlang  (not equal and not exactly equal)

and that's before comparisons that involve pointers (e.g. Lisp's eq)  :-)