Re: Flash and Firefox on Squeeze (SOLVED)

On 02/27/2013 05:39 AM, Sarunas Burdulis wrote:

On 02/27/2013 12:35 AM, Marc Shapiro wrote:
I am running Squeeze on an AMD64 system.

I use actual Mozilla Firefox (18.0.2), NOT Iceweasel.
Most likely the culprit is architecture mismatch. Your plugins are
amd64, while Firefox might be i386, i.e. "32-bit" (at least that's the
default download option on www.mozilla.org/en-US). You might want to try
a 64-bit Firefox from, for example,
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases.
No, I have been using the 64-bit version. Finding it was a challenge when I first upgraded to a 64-bit machine, though. It's a good thing that you posted the URL, however, since, when I just went out to download V19.0 I could not find a way to get to it by navigating the menus. Mozilla seems to have changed their site and made it even harder to find the 64-bit versions. I have it bookmarked now.

Also, when I upgraded to the new version my flash and citrix receiver both are back in my plugins. I think there must have been something just slightly wrong with either V18.0.2, or my installation of it. In any case, it's all working now.

Thanks, again, for the link.

Marc