Re: Removing commited versions from git history

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 04:15:42 +0100
Alois Mahdal <alois.mahdal.1-ndmail@zxcvb.cz> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 02:53:31 +0000 (UTC)
> T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > [...] but keep the rest of its revisions. How can I do that?

Me sleepy-brain, I mis-read.

I'm not sure if it's possible to do with filter-branch.

Anyway, I'm sure that rewrite of whole history and all the
implied mess is inevitable.

It's in fact a feature of git that certain (current) commit
cryptographically guarantees literalness of all previous
commits.

It's like if you went back in time, kill best friend of Joe's
grandpa and come back.  You'd find out that Joe's a completely
different person (if he even exists at all).

aL.

--
Alois Mahdal