Re: Debian Wheezy and Command-shell Browser Output

I have not gotten to actually try this out but after I did a
search for NetGear telnet interface, I found out there is some
good news. If you do a google search for

netgear+series+n+telnet+interface

One of the first articles that comes up is a step-by-step set of
instructions for enabling the telnet capability on NetGear
routers.

	It was posted last August 12 which is really weird as
that happens to be my birthday. I bought the two routers in
question this month so I would have had no interest in that post
at the time. Let's hope this lets me finish what I needed to do
which is to set the fancier 600-MW router up as our primary
router and turn the other one in to a wireless AP to extend
coverage to an area of our house where the signal is poor from
the main router.

	To keep this message back on the original topic, a way
to convince iceweasle to be happy outputting text to a
command-line shell would be a game changer as those command-line
shells are still much easier to come by and can be made to work
on more platforms than X displays. I once briefly got ubuntu's
live CD to run with speech but it was ubuntu version 9 and
it had a nasty habit of crashing like another graphical OS
whose name will not be stated, but it was nice to get a taste of
what will most likely be the norm one day.

	I've been using Debian since around 2000 and at that
time, computer users who happened to be blind needed to use yet
another computer running MSDOS and Windows or just MSDOS, kermit
and an external speech device to get access to either a telnet
session or a serial console on the Linux system. I did the
DOS/kermit/speech box thing until 2009 so things are much better
now, just not as good as they could be yet.

Again, thanks for the help. I had no idea there might be
anything other than the web GUI so, unless they have just
recently done away with the telnet interface, I should be able
to get everything setup correctly which is the task at hand.

Martin