Re: Debian Wheezy and Command-shell Browser Output

Tony van der Hoff writes:
> AFAIAA all netgear (and most other) routers have an optional telnet
> interface. Why bother with a browser?

	I telnetted to our router after getting on our network
and it did make a connection but nothing happens after that
which means that port 23 is responding so I will see if these
new NetGear devices have a telnet engine. hiding in there
somewhere. That would be so much easier and one could even
script a setup session with expect, etc.

	I did successfully use safari on a Macintosh to set up
one of these routers but safari kept dropping out of the html
page and I had to keep getting my place back which is a real and
royal pain and I wasn't even changing the interface settings on
the router. I think it is just the javascript not quite fitting
with safari. The second router which is a bit more complicated
fights even harder to be configured. Last Saturday, I think I
wasted 3 hours fighting with this issue and probably only spent
10 or 20 minutes actually configuring the wireless network which
is going to be straight-forward as soon as I can get something
to talk to it which doesn't have this mechanized form of
attention deficit disorder. Maybe it's me that's got it anyway.
Who knows?

I want to thank all 3 who replied to my initial post. At least I
know now what www-browser actually does.

Martin