Re: Debian Wheezy and Command-shell Browser Output

	Last night, I tried the telnet console and it works on
both of the routers in question. You get a Unix shell, the ash,
to be specific. If you type the word  help  you get a list of
available commands which is good but I am not sure if this is
going to get me in to setting up the router because I have yet
to find any configuration commands although I haven't given up
just yet.

	The file structure is classic Unix and one would expect
to see a lot of configuration files in /etc but there aren't
much more than resolv.conf which is a link to the resolv.conf
file found in /tmp. It becomes populated with a list of the
DNS's provided by the internet provider.

	I did find an application called routerinfo which is
very nice to know about because it gives you the router's serial
number and OS revision. It also looks like the router would work
with some sort of time synchronization system. It didn't appear
to have this working, however.

	I work in our Network Operations group for IT at OSU and
I have seen the command line interface for Cisco and other
enterprise-level routers. Once you get logged in to the proper
privilege, you can issue commands that fully configure the
router or switch. I don't expect to find the same commands on
the NetGears but I haven't seen anything that looks like it
could effect the router's settings and that was my goal at the
start. Ideally, I want to loose the web gui and still setup the
router and WiFi interface. One of these boxes even has both a
2.4 and 5.8 GHZ transceiver.

	Anyway, I will keep poking at them and I guess I should
redouble efforts to get gnome with the speech synthesizer
working to give iceweasle a try.

Martin McCormick