Re: openjdk version in testing is too old.

On 26.02.2013 21:09, Steven Rosenberg wrote:
On 02/23/2013 02:06 AM, Roman V.Leon. wrote:
Hi mates.
Please advise, why openjdk-7 version is too old in testing?
Debian testing repo: 7u3-2.1.3-1 0
Debian experimental repo: 7u15-2.3.7-1 0

Considering the fact that there were a few major vulnerabilities in JRE
recently, I don't see other ways of installing JRE on Debian except for
downloading it straight from oracle.com, because the version from
testing should not be used due to security issues. Or did i miss
something?

OpenJDK is always going to lag behind in Debian. If this bothers you, go
upstream.

My solution: I dropping my last "needs Java" service, and I'll be
dropping Java along with it.

Thanks mate, but it'll be a problem in my case, since I use this language to earn some money for a living ;-)

--
Cheers,
Roman V.Leon.