[OT] possible USB virus?

Hi,

Few days ago, a guy borrowed my USB.

The day before yesterday when I tried to use it, I found it can't be
written, there is autorun.exe and even one README.txt.

When I tried the
$ more README.txt

it's said click to read, so I just plug the usb out from my laptop.

Hope it's not my psychological reasons, after that, I feel my laptop get
a bit weird, just minutes ago, when I opened some websites it just
hanged there, use htop I killed the iceweasle. When I re-open it again,
it's chocked there, I closed. Restart and it's said it's still running.
What's strange is that I can't find the process in the htop.

My concern is that:

1] is it possible for my laptop to get affected by this USB?
2] use another desktop I tried to delete those files are protected.

/media$ ls -lrt 188E-BD69/
total 6608
-rw-r--r-- 1 lina lina      46 Oct 29  2010 readme.txt
-rwxr-xr-x 1 lina lina  154624 Oct 29  2010 autorun.exe
-rw-r--r-- 1 lina lina      43 Nov 17  2010 autorun.inf
-rw-r--r-- 1 lina lina     619 Sep 13 16:01 index.html
drwx------ 2 lina lina   16384 Oct  2 19:35 acrobat
drwx------ 2 lina lina   16384 Oct  2 19:35 java
drwx------ 2 lina lina   16384 Oct  2 19:35 images
drwx------ 4 lina lina   16384 Oct  2 19:35 html
drwx------ 2 lina lina   16384 Feb 11 13:58 lina

except lina is mine. The rest are so suspicious. I must confess that I
can't remember what I put inside, but this USB was obtained new in the
Oct 15th, last year. And I can tell all other things are really not
inside it before. I don't want to ask this guy what's going on since
it's not the first time he borrowed my USB.

$ chmod +w lina/
chmod: changing permissions of ‘lina/’: Read-only file system

$ chmod +x 188E-BD69/
chmod: changing permissions of ‘188E-BD69/’: Read-only file system

Shall I just format it?

Thanks ahead for your suggestions,

Best regards,