Re: Gnome classic theme for 7?

On 02/23/2013 02:40 AM, Harvey Kelly wrote:
I have similar situation at home, and my partner uses Gnome Classic on
Wheezy here. It is very much like Gnome 2 (without all the
customisation options). You just need to select 'Gnome Classic' from
the GDM menu the first time she logs in.

Yes, the 'Gnome Classic' option has been removed from 3.8 onwards, but
3.4 is going to be in Debian for a very long time!

The GNOME Classic option in Debian Wheezy (aka v.7) is a very sufficiently GNOME 2-like way to ride out this entire release cycle. I am pretty confident that GNOME will get its "classic-like" act together by the next Debian release.

So for the next 2+ years, you'll be good with Wheezy and GNOME Classic/Fallback mode.