Re: Gnome classic theme for 7?

Hi there,

> I'll look at Xfce4. Its for my wife, who works in an M$ environment,
> and is really accustomed to Ubuntu/Gnome2 as an alternative at home.
> (Unity is just not going to work out for her-I use fvwm2, myself; the
> lack of an icon/auto mount for fvwm2 and Enlightenment is kind of a
> show stopper for her.)

I have similar situation at home, and my partner uses Gnome Classic on
Wheezy here. It is very much like Gnome 2 (without all the
customisation options). You just need to select 'Gnome Classic' from
the GDM menu the first time she logs in.

Yes, the 'Gnome Classic' option has been removed from 3.8 onwards, but
3.4 is going to be in Debian for a very long time!