Re: debian wheezy amd64 freeze

I've found on internet some info from user with the same problem (same notebook and video card).

I've to recompile the kernel 3.5.

Thanks for the help,

Alfredo

2013/2/25 Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com>
Alfredo Alessandrini wrote:
    You might try installing the package nvidia-xconfig, then running it
    at the
    command line, before giving up on the nvidia drivers.

I did it.

    Note: Did you install nvidia drivers from the web site, or the
    nvidia-glx
    package?  Try the latter first, usually.  Then run nvidia-xconfig.

I've tried dkms kernel driver and original nvidia driver with the same result.

Could you attach /var/log/Xorg.0.log so that we can look at the specifics?

Hugo