Re: debian wheezy amd64 freeze

Le Lun 25 février 2013 10:55, Alfredo Alessandrini a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> I've installed the debian wheezy amd64 on a notebook ASUS (Asus
> n56vz-s4196h).
>
> The installation went fine, but I got a crash (after a few minutes of
> usel). Graphics card and mouse was blocked.

> Where can I find more logs to found the reason of the crash?

No idea for your logs, but I bet the problem come from your GPU drivers or
Xorg.
It sounds like this computer uses a NVidia GPU, so I guess your driver is
currently nouveau. Do you still have the crash if you use NVidia's
drivers? (it is in non-free)

Also, to solve this problem, I think you will be more comfortable to work
without GUI, in text-mode. This will avoid Xorg to freeze your computer
when you are working.