Re: Running pae kernel on non-pae system

On 2/24/2013 7:41 AM, Tixy wrote:

> Actually, I just double checked, and my CPU [1] does have PAE after all.

PAE is in every AMD/Intel chip manufactured post 1998.  You'd have to be
using a Pentium MMX, AMD K6-2, or older chip, to lack PAE support.

The general rule here:  if the chip clock is greater than 550 MHz it has
PAE, PSE, PSE-36, or all three, and you're golden.  Few people are using
chips this old, thus this question actually should never pop up.
Curious that it does, given you can find this information so easily with
Google.

--
Stan