Re: debian wheezy amd64 freeze

>> did you unload the old kernel driver?
>> at least you need a `modprobe nvidia` after dkms install and then
>> restart the graphical login manager (kdm, gdm...)
>>

>> -r
>>

> I did it (the driver was loaded. ) but I still got the error "screen not
> fount".
>
> I've tryed to manually edit the xorg.conf but nothing change.

Is the nouveau driver blacklisted? If you are using the proprietary nvidia
driver, you should have a file in /etc/modprobe.d/, say
/etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-graphics-drivers.conf, containing

blacklist nouveau
blacklist lbm-nouveau
blacklist nvidia-173
blacklist nvidia-96
alias nvidia nvidia-current

On the other hand, if the nouveau driver is being loaded in the initramfs,
it must be disabled in the kernel command line. Try putting

nouveau.modeset=0

in the kernel command line in the grub boot menu or set the variable

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="nouveau.modeset=0"

in /etc/default/grub and run update-grub.

Joao Luis.