Re: Is there is any wifi firmware in main?

On 02/20/2013 12:21 AM, "Morel Bérenger" wrote:
Le Mer 20 février 2013 1:33, agroconsultor0 a écrit :
On 02/19/2013 11:00 AM, Sven Joachim wrote:

So you'll probably have to live with
non-free firmware, either shipped on the device itself or in some
firmware-* package in non-free.
To be honest, this is what I was expecting, but I thought that asking to
the list could have give a solution.
Since it is not an emergency, I will hope for some positive reply a few
more time... who knows ? :)

I have one rtl-8187L, which just works, and there were usb/pci,  I
really do not know how it do it.

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:8187 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8187
Wireless Adapter
Hum, it sounds like you have some non-free package installed to support
it: http://lists.debian.org/debian-laptop/2012/04/msg00021.html

Nop, i do not think so, i use it to do installations since etch or sarge; and i had not needed to install any firmware; as i said it just works! it is an alfa card.