exim queueing

Hi,

most of my Debian serves have an Exim daemon running as satellite to
another server. I'm experiencing delays at the moment and trying to
send mail using the "sendmail" command from the command line, it
appears that the entire process of routing and delivering to the
smarthost is handled before the process exits (which is probably what
is cauwing the delay). For my purposes, it would be more interesting
to queue the messages and have the mail server send them later, in
batches. Is that possible or is it just not the way Exim works?

--
Frank Van Damme
"My new computer came with Windows 7. Windows 7 is much more user- friendly